White bean carrot soup
Inspired by a chilly trip up to NYC and a visit with my inspiring heck-of-a-cook mom.
1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 onion, diced
1 package of sliced mushrooms
3 cloves of garlic
2 cans of cannellini beans
Low sodium vegetable stock
1 large egg
- Spray olive oil in at bottom of a large soup pot. Sauté onions and garlic until onions are clear and soft.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, 1 can of beans, and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil. When carrots are soft, turn off burner.
- Place ingredients into a food processor (or blender) and puree until smooth. This may take 2 separate batches depending on size of food processor.
- Add all back to pot and bring to a boil adding second can of beans.
- Simmer and stir occasionally.
- In non-stick pan, fry an egg. Because anything is better with an egg on top!
- Scoop soup into bowl, place egg on top, & garnish with salt and pepper.
** spinach or kale are great additions to the soup as well!
eat well. live well. play well. be adventurous.
A serious gem. The incredibly inviting Chef Ali will whip up anything from brains to baba ganoush. One of the most authentic, delicious cooking experiences you will ever have. Thanks @dennymcfadden and @nathanli14 for one of my favorite NYC experiences. #astoria #travel #restaurants #eatwell #beadventurous (at Kabab Café)